Web page titles delete the first word if it's "Run"

Katie Prochilo November 2, 2022

Fun little bug... When a Confluence page title begins with the word "Run" it does not appear as the title of the webpage (e.g. In your browser, the tab will display all of the title minus the word "Run").

This does NOT happen when page titles start with the word "Running"

Not sure if capitalization matters.

3 comments

Another bug... If you navigate between pages, the page title does not update and requires a refresh to display properly

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I can not replicate either of those problems.  In my screenshot, you can see the page title as "Run Rabbit Run", it's the same in the page tree at the bottom left, in the title bar of the browser and towards the end of the url.

When I swap to "my cats", all four titles change as the page loads too.

Could you show us a similar screenshot?

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 16.10.27.png

I can't get it to repro anymore. I use Safari and just upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.6.1. Maybe a fluke? Maybe that actually fixed something?

Actually it's back but not consistent now:

4065AB73-65C6-414E-B4A6-6D632889BBE9.jpeg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

Very odd.  It suggests it was something in the old Safari, but we can't prove that without a lot of testing, and it might be something else.

Glad it's started working again!  I'd stick with "fluke" and move on ;-)

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2022

I've found Confluence will occasionally hiccup on a page and there is nothing found to explain it. I just recently tried out the new table charting feature and when I tried to export it to pdf the chart would not display. I went through some troubleshooting steps with the chart team to no avail. I tried it again on a new page and it worked fine. Had to delete my first page.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events