Versioning keeping pace with releases and branches

Peter Teekens July 28, 2020

As we are working with many instances of the software being in different code branches and releases is there a way to keep the Confluence documentation versioning in pace with this? 

(In the past I used Subversion in combination with MS folders and Office documents. That worked perfectly well except the merging was cumbersome. Something I expect to be a bit easier with Confluence.)

1 comment

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2020

Hi @Peter Teekens

My team makes and app called Scroll Versions which does this very thing on Server, but it's not on Cloud. :(

That said, we're exploring a Cloud solution now, and if you'd be interested, I'd love to connect you with our user researcher so we can better understand your needs.

Also, in the interim, you could check out how ThinkTilt is using our app Scroll Documents for some light versioning.

Also, some of the content is Server specific, but there are a lot of tips for writing documentation on our guide here: https://www.k15t.com/rock-the-docs

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events