Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence for Project Management Office Content

Mike Lipa September 24, 2018

I have been using Confluence on a project level but we are exploring of using Confluence on an Enterprise level.  Some of our projects are Waterfall and some are Agile.  I was hoping if someone can provide insights as to the quick wins we can experience if we switch our intranet content / workspace to Confluence?

I fully understand its benefits on a project level, but would like to hear some insights on an enterprise level view.

Cheers!

4 answers

0 votes
Mike Lipa September 26, 2018

Thanks Stefan :)

0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Cool. If you need to store structured information (aka metadata), make sure to look at page-properties and and the page-properties-report macros. They are not ideal, but they work pretty well in many cases.

0 votes
Mike Lipa September 26, 2018

thank you Stefan, yes it does. 

Confluence seems more interactive and collaborative.   I have been using it in project and product development capacity.  I just haven't used it on an enterprise capacity where we  will also be relying on it as a content management (storing project related information).

-Mike

0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Hi Mike,

i’ve been both using Confluence in my company (www.k15t.com) and in a huge cooperation, before I started K15t. My experience in both cases was that the content in Confluence becomes a lot more accessible and interactive.

For example, process descriptions or project dashboards can be displayed in Confluence. As it seems you are already using Confluence for your project docs, it  seems to be especially useful to have your project management office content I the same place.

Hope that makes sense!

-Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events