Upgrade to 7.19 and Add On Compatibility

ejanis August 5, 2022

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade my Server Confluence instance from 7.15 to 7.19 early next week but I am seeing that I have two add ons, JSON Viewer Macro and Live Input Macros, that are not on the 'supported' version list for 7.19.

Question to anyone out there who has one or both of these add ons and has moved to 7.19 and can validate they still work or have broken. 

I am new to the whole Confluence / Jira ecosystem and have no past experience as to the general probability of macros working in newer versions that they are 'supported' for from the vendors.

If I had a test system I would go that route and find out for sure, but I don't. I opened support tickets with the two vendors and awaiting responses.

My upgrade is next Tues so I was taking a shot in the dark that someone else has upgraded to the 7.19 train with one or both of the add ons I listed above. 

2 answers

0 votes
ejanis August 8, 2022

Agree with the test upgrade - I wish I had that ability before the planned upgrade.  I did submit support tickets to both vendors, but no response yet.

I was just hoping someone out there had tried this already.....

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2022

hi @ejanis ,

Its always suggested to test the upgrade first in a test server and then do in the production. This could help you in knowing what all issues you have during the upgrade process and after that. Also you can test the plugin compatibilities. 

And I would suggest to contact the vendor directly. You can click on link "Submit a Support request" in https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217397/json-viewer-macro-for-confluence?tab=support&hosting=server and in https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215287/live-input-macros?tab=support&hosting=datacenter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events