Unable to delete a space

PhillipsWDC November 26, 2019

I have two spaces, Space A and Space B. I am logged in and my user is an administrator.

Space A -> Space Settings and the only tab I have is Space Details clicking on Integrations I get a permission error and I am presented with two links Admin and user which take me to the permissions page. Also the top row of links only has Overview Content Tolls and Integrations.

Space B -> Space Settings I have Space Details Sidebar configuration and Delete Space. The top row has Overview, Permissions, Content Tools, Look and Feel and Integrations. All of these tabs work.

I would like to delete Space A but I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to get that to work. Any ideas?

2 comments

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

Hi,

please verify if you have the Admin permissions in space A.

Have a look at the Space Permissions Overview docs.

Yea that was the first thing I went digging for, I got stuck on this part...

Space tools > Permissions

I dont have that in any of my spaces I only have space settings with the tabs :(

My user is in the admin and site admin group

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

Perhaps your admin groups are no longer added to Confluence product access.

Yea looked at that and all of the groups are in the settings for Confluence

Administration -> Confluence -> Groups

Also my user account can delete other spaces.

This is the original space created on signup as I just signed up for a trial today. thinking about moving away from Basecamp 3.

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2019

Hi @PhillipsWDC , 

This is a known bug with the free version of Confluence. Here's the relevant Jira issue where you can add comments: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68319

The workaround is to upgrade to the Standard version of Confluence (while you're in the trial period, it won't cost you any money) and then you'll be able to delete that first space you set up.

Before the end of your trial, you can return to the free version of Confluence.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2019

@Sharon Helms , thanks for sharing this.

Like Sharon Helms likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events