Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Move and reorder Confluence space

K Sravan Kumar December 28, 2021

Hi, 

We have multiple spaces in Confluence and when we try to Move pages within the same space showing an error called Moved Failed, there was a problem contacting the server. this issue is happening for only a few pages within space. and also unable to reorder pages. once we do it's reverting back if we refresh the page. 

4 answers

0 votes

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH ,

No restrictions on the parent page and child pages as well

image.png

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2021

Hi @K Sravan Kumar ,

it may take few mins,

can you please check any page restrictions applied on the child pages along with the parent page. if some have view or edit restrictions those may not able to re-order.

Can you please check and confirm.

0 votes

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH ,

Thanks for responding.

I have confluence Admin permissions and space itself has No restrictions.

Anyone can access and edit. While Re-ordering pages we were able to move but if we refresh the page it is reverting back to the original place. We have to move child pages to another tree then have to move the parent page to a location where we want then move back child pages to the original page, this way it is working but this is no solution with all permissions why I am not able to move parent page with child pages available .

These are all permissions I have for space and parent tree.

can we connect through teams call or phone calls?

image.png

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2021

Hi @K Sravan Kumar ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

I found these permissions required when you re-order a page.

Notes about permissions

To move a page, you need the following permissions:

• 'Add' permission on the page you're moving, and
  • 'View' permission on the page's parent page. If you're moving the page to a different parent, you need 'View' permission on the new parent.

To move a page into a different space, you also need:

• 'Delete' permission on the space you're moving from, and
  • 'Add' permission on the space you're moving to.

If the page has restrictions, and you want to keep the page restrictions in the new location, you'll also need 'Restrict' permission on the space you're moving to. Alternatively, remove the page restrictions before performing the move.

Can you please check the above scenario's.

Thanks,

Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events