Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two-way information between macros like page properties macro

Matthew Schwarz December 10, 2021

I love the page properties macro and page properties report -- having tabled information on multiple pages within the page properties and showing a consolidated view of that information using the page properties report.

What I would love even more is being able to update information from the report that can get pushed to the individual pages.

For example, I might have multiple pages covering multiple tools. Each tool might have a "Next Meeting" field on its page properties macro. I might want to update the field for multiple pages quickly - being able to do that from the consolidated view on the page properties report page would be fantastic.

Are there any other macros that would  enable that kind of two-way data flow between pages?

3 answers

5 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2021

Hello Matthew,

I could suggest our Handy Status from Handy Macros for Confluence here. 

Using custom status sets in a combination with Page Properties and Page Properties Report, you can change the information in the report and have it changed on the individual page automatically.

You can schedule a demo of our app with me if needed.

You can get even more functionality working with tables with the Table Excerpt macro from our other Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Best Regards,

Elena Ovdienko

Product Manager @ Stiltsoft.

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Hi there,

As this question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

1 vote
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Matthew Schwarz,

All of what you're saying is exactly why we created our app Orderly Databases for Confluence. It does all of what you're asking for and more - like a better version of Page Properties! Here's a screenshot of what updating the "Next Meeting" for every page all at once could look like:

orderly_tools.png

If you want to try it out, you can test it for free for 30 days here. And if you only have up to 10 people in your team, it is even completely free to use! If you do give it a shot, let me know what you think! :)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events