Trying to get matching issues from Linked Issues Column in Table Transformer

Bhalchandra Wagle November 18, 2021

Hi

I have 2 tables (T1 and T2) that I am trying to join in Table Transformer.

T1 has issues that are children of issues in T2. (The link was created using Is Child of relationship)

I'm trying to get combined data with Status of T1 items and Summary from T2 items to use in a Pivot table. (so if there are 5 children linked to a Parent with Summary abc, it will show ABC with counts of T1 broken down by statuses in my table on one row)

I found the below query in another thread and it works great for me in most cases, except if an item in T2 is in Done status. It then shows in the Linked Issues column of T1 with a strikethrough and then it does not seem to match the actual key in T2. 

SELECT T1.'Status', T2.'Summary FROM T1
LEFT JOIN T2 ON T1.'Linked Issues'->split("XXX-")->indexOf(REPLACE(T2.'Key', "XXX-", "")) > -1

XXX is the Project key

Any suggestions for doing the match for Parent items that are done?

2 comments

Bhalchandra Wagle November 18, 2021

Never mind, found my own answer !!

The above query was actually returning > -1 only if items other than item no 1 in the list from T1 matched part of the key in T2. In my case, the Done items just happened to be first in the list of linked issues and hence were not returned.

I adjusted the query to be 

SELECT T1.'Status', T2.'Summary FROM T1
LEFT JOIN T2 ON T1.'Linked Issues'->split(",")->indexOf(T2.'Key') > -1

and it works good now.

Like # people like this
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2021

Hi @Bhalchandra Wagle ,

Thanks for reaching out - we check the related to our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence team questions but I guess there was a delay due to the time zones difference. Glad that everything works fine now!

If you come across any difficulties in the future, don't hesitate to post your question here or create a support request (please attach the screenshots of the source tables as well).

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events