Tried updating a cert in Conluence. Now i get "This page can't be displayed"

it March 17, 2020

I am very new at this. I followed the instructions to install a Cert, "Running Confluence Over SSL or HTTPS". I followed option 2 to import my new cert. I created a new 'genkeypair' and named it bobcat. I edited the server.xml file to point to my new keystore with the password. I'm now getting the "This page can't be displayed". I don't know what I missed. most of the configuration of the server.xml, I would think, doesn't change. The server is now down due to what I did and I need it back up real soon.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2020

Hi,

terminating SSL at Tomcat-level is reported to be harder than life has to be. Many seasoned admins recommend a termination of SSL in a reverse proxy - in front of the application.

In case you are interested I'd recommend a read of: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/using-apache-with-mod_proxy-173669.html

For the current case you described, unfortunately, it is quite impossible to state what the trouble is caused by and where a possible step was wrong/missing. With a look into log files and system specification it should be possible to troubleshoot, though.

I hope you were able to fix it meanwhile and your Confluence server is back online.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events