The best way to deprecate Confluence pages

Christopher Zeuch May 10, 2018

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to deprecate a page in Confluence.

My current process:

• Each Space has either a Deprecated Pages or Archive page
  • The page contains the Red Warning macro in its own section with some explanatory text
  • The page also contains a section with the Children Display macro

Before a page is moved to the Deprecated Pages / Archive page I:

• Insert a Red Warning macro with some explanatory text
  • Insert the Yellow Note macro with the link to the more up-to-date page

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 6.24.35 PM.png

Then I move the page.

While this works quite well in terms of deprecating pages going forward, my challenge is the hundreds of pages that have been previously deprecated by simply moving the page to the Deprecated Pages / Archive page.

I could take the time to do the above to every single on of those pages but I feel that would not be an efficient use of my time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2018

Instead of doing this manually, you can use the Archiving Plugin that automates tracking outdated / irrelevant pages and moving those to archive pages.

Learn more here.

Christopher Zeuch May 14, 2018

Awesome thanks @Aron Gombas _Midori_

I will definitely check it out!

Walter Heck July 1, 2022

Unfortunately this doesn't work for Confluence Cloud :(

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2022

@Walter Heck 

Hi Walter!

Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud is in the works and the Early Access Program is about to launch!

Please drop me a line here: levente.szabo@midori-global.com

This offer is open to anyone interested in archiving automation for Confluence Cloud!

I will include you in the communications so that you can get started as early as possible with the most flexible and feature-rich content expiration tracking and automated archiving solution for Confluence Cloud!

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Walter Heck @WalterJust recently, Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud became generally available!

Start your free trial from the Marketplace listing: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/123/better-content-archiving-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Stephan Kuempel October 30, 2018

Hi Christopher, 

we recently released a plugin called "Outdated for Confluence" which may accomplish what you are looking for.

With this plugin, the users can mark pages as outdated with an additional button.

A outdated review table macro then lets you keep track and review the outdated pages.

For more info see:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219467/outdated-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

https://emapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EAD/overview 

Matt Skare March 13, 2019

Hi Christopher, wondering what plugins you are using to highlight the user mention and date?

Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events