The best way to deprecate Confluence pages Edited

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to deprecate a page in Confluence.

My current process:

• Each Space has either a Deprecated Pages or Archive page
  • The page contains the Red Warning macro in its own section with some explanatory text
  • The page also contains a section with the Children Display macro

Before a page is moved to the Deprecated Pages / Archive page I:

• Insert a Red Warning macro with some explanatory text
  • Insert the Yellow Note macro with the link to the more up-to-date page

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 6.24.35 PM.png

Then I move the page.

While this works quite well in terms of deprecating pages going forward, my challenge is the hundreds of pages that have been previously deprecated by simply moving the page to the Deprecated Pages / Archive page.

I could take the time to do the above to every single on of those pages but I feel that would not be an efficient use of my time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments

Instead of doing this manually, you can use the Archiving Plugin that automates tracking outdated / irrelevant pages and moving those to archive pages.

Learn more here.

Awesome thanks @Aron Gombas [Midori]

I will definitely check it out!

StephanK I'm New Here Oct 30, 2018

Hi Christopher, 

we recently released a plugin called "Outdated for Confluence" which may accomplish what you are looking for.

With this plugin, the users can mark pages as outdated with an additional button.

A outdated review table macro then lets you keep track and review the outdated pages.

For more info see:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219467/outdated-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

https://emapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EAD/overview 

Comment

Community showcase
Published Dec 18, 2018 in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

504 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you