Temperature Check: How many hats do you wear as Atlassian Administrators?

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2018

Though work experience, I've noticed that most larger companies have a dedicated group for Collaboration products. These admins then have set responsibilities to keep their applications in check.

Is this the case in your company or are the Atlassian products just another hat in your wheelhouse?

Outside of Confluence/JIRA/Slack, I am also responsible for Financial and HR applications.

How about you?

2 comments

Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2018

Jonathan,

Same with our company, we do it all. We all wear many hats.

Our backgrounds and educational experiences are versatile but at the same time, we're JIRA admins.

Victor

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2018

I used to be a JIRA Admin - but now I work more as an Atlassian System Admin.

But yes - working as JIRA Admin has helped me better perform as System Admin.

I also handle a lot of other applications - digital assets, risk analysts and so on but I love working in JIRA and Confluence.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events