Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for confluence free edition

Najith Melaka Perera August 21, 2020

Hi,

I have used confluence before and I know this is a very solid product as Knowledge DB.

I am planning to implement this with my current organization and I need to try the self-managed version of confluence. To continue with this I like to know the answers for my below questions,

1) How the self-managed version will install in our environment? Is it a separate appliance?

2) What kind of support we can get if we only planning to use this as a free version for the initial period? Will Atlassian provide installation and configuration support for free as well?

3) If not, how much it will cost to install this appliance in our environment and for licencing? (We are planning to test this using nearly five to ten users at the first stage)

4) When we are continuing after installation of the free version of Confluence at our environment, what are our possibilities for raise support tickets for our initial matters? Will it be free as well or what will be the cost for maintenance?

I really appreciate if you can help me with my matters as we need to start the project ASAP if satisfied.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2020
  1. The server version of Confluence is available as a compressed installation, or as an installer for some operating systems.  It's a totally independent application, with later versions of the distribution bundling almost all of its dependencies
  2. Technically, there is no support.  You only get support from Atlassian if you have got a commercial, educational or charitable licence for 25 or more users.  But they do have people who will try to help while you evaluate the system.  All the support assumes that you have the basocs though - you're able to follow the docs on installation and initial usage.
  3. See https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing?tab=self-managed
  4. I think the answers to those are covered in the three above

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events