Starter License - Support

CenturyX476 June 23, 2018

Hello,

I just bought the starter license in May of this year and now you have dropped support for it? I now have to depend on the community for "VERY" technical questions.

WHY ?

Most people use the cloud but we are using On-Prem Self hosted servers so the setup is radically different.

It has been my experience that depending on the "community" for troubleshooting has always ended in the problem never getting resolved.

I currently have a technical issue with "confluence" that I cannot resolve or find a solution online. I AM stuck

I will probably now not renew my bitbucket, jira and confluence license next year.
This is a great product and that is the sad part

2 comments

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2018

Welcome to the community @CenturyX476!

Please open a Confluence question for your current technical issue with the specific details and the community will gladly help you.

Since you are new here, I'm curious as to what leads you to state that "in [your] experience ... troubleshooting has always ended in the problem never getting resolved"?

The community support for the starter license was announced in July 2017: if you bought your license in May of this year, the terms have not changed since.

Please note that there are several Atlassian support employees (and other Atlassian SMEs) who are active in the community. They are invited to chime in when the community gets stuck.

CenturyX476 June 23, 2018

Hello,

I should of been more clear.

I was not referring to the Atlassian software for support. Just in general when a vendor switches to the community for assistance on starter licenses or lower end license agreements. It usually has sub par support and arrogant techs who feel they are being "bothered" by a customer. (PFsense) is a great example of such a situation.

When I got the bitbucket test license and I was able to get support on that, I assumed that when I buy the starter license that I will also get support. But I guess not.

The danger of "assuming"

My "technical issue" at the moment has to do with "IIS" and confluence "collaborative editing" But I can solve the issue by just turning off "collaborative editing".

I come from a pure background support so I find quality support in a product to be Paramount.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2018

What is the issue with collaborative editing and IIS? Are you using IIS as a reverse proxy? Also, what version of Confluence are you on? There is at least one JIRA ticket with regards to IIS as a reverse proxy and collaborative editing. It was fixed in 6.5, so if you are on a version older than 6.5 upgrading to 6.5 should fix that particular bug. Also, there is this article as well that talks about how to setup IIS as a reverse proxy for Confluence. I've got Confluence running behind IIS on my system so if you have any questions regarding I might be able to give you some pointers.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-microsoft-internet-information-services-iis-833931378.html

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-46504

CenturyX476 July 4, 2018

Hello,

Im on confluence 6.9.1

I have IIS running as the proxy.

The SSL terminates at the proxy, a normal setup I believe.

Everything is working except for the collaborative editing.

I think it has to do with the port in which the collaborative editing is on.

The synchrony port is on "8091"

But the entire server is running off of port 443 "https".

How do you edit the synchrony port ?

The serer that confluence is sitting on is a windows server as well. 100% windows environment

Thanks

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2018

Did you follow the steps in the first link above?

CenturyX476 July 12, 2018

Yes, I installed Web sockets for IIS
ARR 3.0 is already installed for the proxy to work.

In the web.config example from the tutorial link

Do I replace the port "8091" with port "443" ?
Will that be the equivalent of changing the synchrony port ?

Thanks

<system.webServer>
        <rewrite>
            <rules>
                <clear />
                <rule name="Synchrony HTTP" stopProcessing="true">
                    <match url="synchrony/(.*)" />
                    <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="http://localhost:8091/synchrony/{R:1}" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="Synchrony Web Sockets Reverse Proxy" stopProcessing="true">
                    <match url="ws://(.*)" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="ws://localhost:8091/{R:1}" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="Confluence Reverse Proxy" stopProcessing="true">
                    <match url="(.*)" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="http://localhost:8090/{R:1}" />
                </rule>
            </rules>
        </rewrite>
    </system.webServer>
    <system.web>
        <!-- This keeps IIS from complaining about special characters in the url. Also has some controls for max upload size. Set to the equivalent of the above, but in kilobytes instead of bytes. (ex. 61440 = 60MB) -->
        <httpRuntime executionTimeout="20" maxRequestLength="xxxxx" requestPathInvalidCharacters="" requestValidationMode="2.0" />
        <pages validateRequest="false" />
    </system.web>

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events