Setting a home page for an implementation's root URL?

Mike_Schinkel November 26, 2019

One of the things I find lacking in Confluence is the ability to set a common home page for an organization/implementation of confluence.

IOW, an intranet home page.

Sure we can create a space for that, but that is not discoverable like a home page would be.  Ideally if someone went to ourdomain.atlassian.net they would get a site's home page, and from that page could be links to /jira/your-work

I think this is a feature request.  Maybe a solution would be to create a HOME page and then a configuration that allows us to assign that space to the root domain?

7 answers

1 vote
Dan Winkler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

@Mike_Schinkel You're welcome. Also saw this just a few minutes ago, which looks like the official documentation and provides more detail:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/configuring-the-site-homepage-724765517.html

0 votes
Mike_Schinkel November 27, 2019

@Dan Winkler That is perfect.  Many thanks!

0 votes
Dan Winkler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

@Mike_Schinkel I don't have any idea if this is what you're looking for, and I've never actually used it. I just stumbled across this setting the other day so it was near the top of my mind and when I saw your question I thought that maybe this solution would fit.

I'm a Confluence Admin for our company.

-I go to this location: 

https://<mycompany'sname>.atlassian.net/wiki/discover/all-updates

-Click Further Configuration on the left side.

-Click Edit. Part of the screen that appears includes this:

site-home.png-Then, I'd make a selection in the Site Homepage dropdown. Like I said, I haven't done it yet, just thought about it.

Good luck, hope this helps.

0 votes

> Hmm...thought you could do it in the Further Configuration - Site Homepage part of Confluence but it sure seems like you can only connect to Spaces.

I was unaware of this, and it sounds like it might meet my needs.

Would you (or someone else) mind sharing a screen shot in the admin showing how to configure this, and including the URL path in the admin in which is to located?

Thank you in advance.

0 votes

> Just curious - why do you think a Space would be less discoverable than a page?

I think my question must have been unclear.

I am not so much asking for a page vs. a space, I was asking for the home page to appear at the root URL, e.g. at:

https://ourdomain.atlassian.net/

BTW, I would actually prefer to have an entire space pinned to the root URL vs. a single page.  The point of the request is to have an intranet home page at the root URL.

Also, the discoverability I speak of is empowered specifically by the home page/space being at the root URL, vs. having to know what to search because it is hard to find some things on Confluence, especially for a large installation of Confluence, and having a curated home page would be helpful to new users.

0 votes

Hi Dan,

Thank you for replying to my question.

Trying to reply but for the browser keeps having a Javascript error when I click reply.

0 votes
Dan Winkler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2019

@Mike_Schinkel Hmm...thought you could do it in the Further Configuration - Site Homepage part of Confluence but it sure seems like you can only connect to Spaces. Just curious - why do you think a Space would be less discoverable than a page?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events