Scheduled backups no longer work after minor update.

Lukasz Borek October 16, 2019

Hello,

Since updating to Confluence 6.15.7, 2 of our instances are no longer creating scheduled backups.

Permissions are okay, using option in the interface to create backup now works perfectly. There are no new errors in the  logs. 

I was trying the funny fix from here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Automatic-backup-service-enabled-no-backups-are-created/qaq-p/331114 
(Backup File Date Pattern" from "yyyy_MM_dd" to "yyyy_MM_dd_HHmmss".) but also no results.

Issue occurs on 2 (of 3) our instances. Ubuntu 18.04, 4gb ram. One instance is docker, second normal base vm. Till update everything was working fine. 

Any ideas? 

1 comment

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi Lukasz,

There are a number of different issues that could be impacting the backup. However, the built-in backup mechanism is not recommended for production instances, as it can be resource intensive, and is less efficient as the Confluence instance grows. Instead, we recommend following the Production Backup Strategy as a more reliable way to keep complete backups.

That said, failures of the built-in backup can be caused by memory shortages. I notice you have 4 GB of RAM, which is less than recommended by the Server Hardware Requirements Guide. You may want to try increasing this in the meantime.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events