Schedule job BACK UP CONFLUENCE Failing

Mohit Dhir August 16, 2018

The confluence scheduled job "Back Up Confluence" is not generating the backup file on even dates. I have monitored the process. The job status has turned from running to scheduled however it has not generated the backup file in the desired path. 

This is observed only on the even dates but can find the odd date files in the path. 

Could you let me know where I can find the logs for this process so that I can start an investigation towards why it is failing. 

Also I can find some files generated by the backup process in the /confluence/temp directory.  the file and directory names are like xmlexport-20180816-020000-437 and xmlexport-20180816-020000-437.zip

The logs have this line 

2018-08-16 04:29:08,855 ERROR [Caesium-1-1] [confluence.importexport.impl.BackupJob] runJob Error while running the scheduled backup

1 comment

Sattesh M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hello Mohit,

I believe you've found the log file, as you've shared the line from the log.

2018-08-16 04:29:08,855 ERROR [Caesium-1-1] [confluence.importexport.impl.BackupJob] runJob Error while running the scheduled backup

The hint as to what could be the issue is usually found after the line above.

Do check the line after the line above, to see if it mentions anything, and also scroll down a little to see if there's any "caused by" in the log following the line above.

Also, it is weird that the backup are failing on even dates alone.
Do check the Scheduled Jobs page, and see  if the Back Up Confluence job is edited to run every two days instead of daily.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Sattesh

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events