Rights and Gate Keeping

Colm Maguire December 30, 2021

I am interested to know who in your organisations has the right to add what to the wiki? How structured are you all in this approach. The organisation I am in has zero rules or guidelines and it's a free for all. The result is a difficulty in finding information. 

So what rules and regulations do you have in your organisations for who can post what , where and when? 

Thanks

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

What I find works best in most places is ownership

For each space, or set of spaces, find/elect a few people who you can make responsible for the spaces.  Make them space admins, and name them somewhere as the area champions/curators/admins/owners

Get them trained in the basics - space permissions (so they can control who can or cannot write in their spaces), how restrictions work, how to easily re-arrange, merge or delete pages.  And give them the authority to tell authors in their spaces to stop doing it wrong.

Like # people like this
Colm Maguire January 3, 2022

I will definitely be having champions/admins etc; that's for sure. Thanks. 

Patrick Haley December 31, 2021

I like Nic's idea of empowering people on your team. One other tool that may help is having a style guide for how each article should look to keep things consistent. Our's covers everything from how to use lists in instructions, grammatical consistency, down to which words should be bolded. 

Colm Maguire January 3, 2022

I am thinking about using the style guide from the company branding. So that our Confluence can take on a look and feel as something in house. At the moment it looks like the internet version 1.0 with very little fluff padding or style which makes it incredibly boring to look at , and therefore difficult to access required information on a page. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events