Restricted page when no one has access to the restricted page

Derrick Hatcher October 15, 2018

I have a couple of restricted pages where the two folks who had access are no longer with the company.  Even as a system admin I still can't view or edit the page.

How can I remove the restrictions so that I can edit / view the page?

2 comments

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

Hi Derrick,

As an Administrator you would navigate to the page. 

1. Click on the lock icon in the menu bar
  2. Select an option from the list
  3. Continue with the management of pages

1. You can also go the the Space where those individuals had content
  2. Select 'Space settings' from the left navigation pane
  3. Click 'Permissions' from the menu bar
  4. Click the 'Restricted Pages' button
  5. Continue with the management of pages

Keep in mind that if either of those individuals were administrators and removed that group or user type from the page, you could be locked out.

Derrick Hatcher October 16, 2018

Thanks for your excellent reply. However,...

Keep in mind that if either of those individuals were administrators and removed that group or user type from the page, you could be locked out.

That is the case unfortunately.  They were trying to prevent other groups (even Confluence administrators) from being able to see sensitive data.

What option do I have in this scenario?

Rudy Breda November 7, 2018

How can you check Confluence in this scenario described above so those pages can be changed or new Admin assigned prior to the employee leaving the company.  Part of Exit process.  Is there a way to audit or identify the pages at risk?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events