Report table ans sorting

Ricky Rich March 28, 2022

Hi,

I have built a report table that show  status of several KPIs based on inputs provided into a survey (questionnaire). The survey is a template that is used to generate as many survey are there are projects to manage in the Portfolio.

We host also on Confluence a parent page with children pages which are the status report of each project. The report page is also using a template to create dashboards. 

I would like to add on this template the view of the KPIs status from the report table but only the row of the project concerned by the dashboard. So basically I have 50 projects listed into the report table and I want to show only KPIs of the specific project  in each Report Dashboard page.

How can I do that? I have replicated the macro structure to create the report table into the Dashboard template and tried to use the Text Filter macro which is indeed working but it is not dynamic. I want the template to pick the correct row of the report table to display when the Dashboard name is matching the survey name.

I heard about those wiki markup which may be the thing I am looking for to achieve this. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

1 comment

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

I'm not sure that it will cover your case with Portfolio and surveys, but still we have something similar in our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

The add-on provides the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that allow you to collect multiple-row tables from pages with specific labels, child pages or all descendants.

The result report can be recreated on different master pages (as many times as you need and wherever you need) and can be filtered by any column you want with the help of the Table Filter macro.

If any changes are made to the source tables, they will be immediately passed to the combined table and the filtered dashboards will be updated as well. 

Here you may find an example.

Ricky Rich April 3, 2022

Hi Katerina,

Thank you I will give it a try. I heard also that now it is possible to inject parameters in a Table Transformer macro? That would also maybe work with an SQL query where I select all columns where first column is equal to the value recorded into a Text Data parameter?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2022

Do you mean using the Table Transformer macro as a replacement to the Table Filter macro? To filter the table using a text variable? It is possible to do or you may use the Table Filter macro with predefined filters as well.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2022

You may also check this Community thread regarding the Table Transformer macro https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Table-Filter-Macro-using-Variable-as-Input/qaq-p/1733811 

Ricky Rich April 5, 2022

Thanks it worked with Table Transformer!! I created another single column table where I placed a report on on a variable. Then added the SQL query in Table Transformed to lookup both tables and select T1 where T2 variable is equal to T1 column 'Project Title'.

Thanks for having helped me to sort this out! :-)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events