Removing permissions deleted our site.

Karen Jones October 26, 2019

When trying to add permissions one of our admins accidentally removed all permissions. According to Atlassian documentation, a global admin should have been able to add the permissions back, but we learned that our site had been deleted due to an Atlassian bug. We did not delete our site nor receive and confirmation messages before removing the permissions. We are now trying a one time temp restore from a back up that has take over 4 days and we seem to just be bouncing around to different technicians with no help. I’m planning to escalate this to our CEO to get Atlassian to pay more attention to this critical ticket. Has anyone else had success in escalating to get Atlassian to respond?

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2019

Hi Karen,

Please raise a request with Atlassian support rather than the community for a ticket like this. I would have suggested this because they may have been able to help you roll back your instance since they are the only once in the position to best help with reviewing what went wrong via logs and also seeing/reseting permissions(I don't know what permission was removed but it is possible the permission just took away the browse issue permission from all users but the data was still there).

Please reach Atlassian support via here.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events