Recommendations on Internal Employee Search?

Eric Yu November 2, 2020

Hi all, I hope everyone is staying safe and sound.

I wanted to hear from the community the best way to approach something our company is trying to start off. 

Our Resources team handles recruiting the right internal employees onto the right project when the time comes. Let's say a client comes to our company asking for a certain job to be initiated and implemented. Our Resources team needs needs to look internally and scout the right candidates for the project based on their certification and skill level. Now, up until now, the team has done a fabulous job of memorizing who has what certifications and what skill level in their head. We need that database out of the brain to something visible. 

Now, I have been looking into a few third-party add-ons that may be able to support this. However, I was not able to pinpoint on exact app that may be able to do the job. What I want from this would be...

- Being able to create each profile for individual that will show the skill level and their certifications

- Being able to filter and search based on either the certification or the skill level to find the users for that job

- Vice versa, I should be able to search the users and see the certifications

So far, I tried Skill-Radar as I saw that to be the only app for Cloud that may be able to help but it was not the most efficient way to filter and search based on my criteria. I honestly think Confluence would be the more suitable place for this database to sit, but if you have recommendations for Jira as well, that can work too.

Let me know if more clarification is needed!

Thank you!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events