Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick-searching a page within a space

Tom Van Rossom August 28, 2018

In an ideal world, the confluence quick search would find only the page I'm looking for, every time...

A lot of our confluence spaces have more or less the same page-tree and page-names. This make searching worse: if you type 'meeting notes' in the quick search and hit enter, lots of pages are found.

In order to reduce the number of pages returned by the search, I would like to add a part of the space key. example: 'meeting notes human' . I want to find the 'Meeting Notes' page in the 'Human Resources' space. This page is found, but it is not the best/first result. It seems that 'human' is not used to order the results. I have to scroll down and search myself within the results :(

Why is this? Are space keys and space names not indexed? Is there a better way to search (using the quick search!)?

I know you can limit the search results on the results page, but I wonder if there is a faster way.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Tom Van Rossom August 28, 2018

Not really what I was looking for, but thanks for the reaction, Victor!

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Tom,

You can use a macro that would make search results faster. For example, Content by Label macro

Victor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events