Projectdoc toolbox/documents properties marker

Rajesh Prabhakaran April 17, 2023

Hi @Robert Reiner _smartics_ ,

I am using the documents properties marker to draft high-level requirements for our project. The low-level requirements of the same will be captured in Jira.

I tried to add the Jira ticket in a field of documents properties marker so that the status of Jira is reflected when I prompt the summary page with display table macro. The page does not save and gives me the below error:

Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment.

I have 50 high-level requirements, and a summary page of the high-level requirements which uses Display Table Macro. For each of these pages, I will be developing low-level requirements in Jira (Mostly one Jira ticket for one requirement but there is a small probability that I may raise more than one Jira ticket per High-level requirement).

Please advise what is the best way to do this as documents properties marker doesn't allow me to add the Jira ticket within it.

Many thanks in Advance,

Raj

1 comment

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Rajesh Prabhakaran,

Thank you for getting in touch!

I am not sure if I understand your setup correctly. In case you are using the Document Properties Marker Macro with the Jira Issues Macro (provided by Atlassian), then the use case you described should work.

In my configuration the property in the page editor looks like this:
property-in-editor-mode.png

And in view mode it is rendered like this:

property-in-view.png

As far as I understand your use case it should work: A projectdoc document provides information on a requirement and one of its properties points to information on a remote system (for instance Jira). As long as the references to other systems are only used for rendering (e.g. with the Display Table Macro), everything should work fine.

Side note on using dynamic properties (you may already know this): Please note that in the shown use case you may display the value, but you cannot use it in a query for the display table macro to select regarding the status. The projectdoc macro does not allow dynamic values since the value is persisted at the time the page has been saved and is not reevaluated in case the Jira Ticket is altered (see Dynamic Property Values  for more details on using dynamic values). But this is in no way related to the issue you encounter and should serve as background information for your information architecture.

Unfortunately I cannot yet reproduce the issue on our test system. Could you please provide the following information, so that we can further investigate the issue on our test system?

1. Are you using the Jira Issues Macro as a value to the document property or are you using a different macro? I assume the Jira Issues Macro works outside the context of the Document Properties Marker Macro (just to make sure that this is not related to a missing entry in the Allow List)?
  2. Do you use any property controls for that property (in other words: is there anything in the third column of the property)?
  3. Version of Confluence
  4. Version of the projectdoc Toolbox

In case your setup is different from the one I have described above, please provide additional details on your setup.

Cheers,
Robert

Rajesh Prabhakaran April 21, 2023

Hello @Robert Reiner _smartics_ 

Apologies for coming back late to you about this.

I was waiting to get this first checked with our internal team.

I don't have answer for 3 & 4 - we are using DC Server.

wrt to 1 & 2, please see my response below:

1. Are you using the Jira Issues Macro as a value to the document property or are you using a different macro? I assume the Jira Issues Macro works outside the context of the Document Properties Marker Macro (just to make sure that this is not related to a missing entry in the Allow List)?
    • Yes, I am trying to use Jira issue macro as a value to the document property. Jira issues macro works outside the context of the documents properties marker macro, it's only when I use Jira issue macro as a value within the documents properties marker macro, that I witness this issue. 
  2. Do you use any property controls for that property (in other words: is there anything in the third column of the property)?
    • No third column used

Many thanks,
Raj

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Rajesh Prabhakaran

Thank you for your information!

We again tried to reproduce the issue, but still with no success.

May I ask you to create a ticket and provide the version information for Confluence and the projectdoc Toolbox? If we can still not reproduce the issue, we can discuss further steps via the ticket.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Robert

Rajesh Prabhakaran April 24, 2023

Thanks @Robert Reiner _smartics_ My Firm's IT department has already reached out to your customer support team. Hopefully they should have an update for me shortly.

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2023

Hi @Rajesh Prabhakaran

Just a short heads-up: We provided a solution for this issue with the help of your technical team. It requires to update the projectdoc Toolbox to a newer version already available on the Atlassian Marketplace. 

Cheers,
Robert

Like Rajesh Prabhakaran likes this
Rajesh Prabhakaran May 4, 2023

That's a great news Robert. Thank you for keeping me informed. I will follow-up with my internal team :)

Viktorija Berne July 24, 2023

Hi @Rajesh Prabhakaran  - did the update of the Add-on fix the issue?

Asking, as we are having the same issues :/ 

Best wishes,

Viktorija

Raj July 24, 2023

Hi @Viktorija Berne 

Yes the update fixed the issue :)

thanks

Raj

Like Viktorija Berne likes this
Viktorija Berne July 25, 2023

@Robert Reiner _smartics_ Will it at some point be available in the cloud as well?

Best wishes,

Viktorija

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2023

Hi @Viktorija Berne

although we are technically checking our options here, unfortunately there is currently no plan to provide a version of the projectdoc Toolbox for Confluence Cloud any time soon.

Cheers,
Robert

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events