Paste a table, markdown, HTML, etc.

Zachariah Victor July 14, 2021

I need to be able to paste tabular data into Confluence articles. I have neither the time nor interest to mess around with the GUI. It is painful. Totally unsuitable for anything with more than 10 rows. 

Why is Confluence's WYSIWYG editor so limited? This is about content that is primarily and predominantly textual. It inverts the model to offer the user hundreds of widgets but no font selection, no way to input tabular data efficiently, no style sheets ... I must say, I am very disappointed. 

1 comment

bill_bailey July 14, 2021

Copying an pasting from Excel does not work?

As far as the editor, keep in mind that it is an HTML editor, and not at all analogous to Word (which is XML based). So there are limitations.

Now, with the server version, you can have custom style sheets at the space level, but you still have to deal with the limitations of HTML. That is one of my complaints about the Cloud version, BTW (no access to the style sheets).

Confluence editor is derived from TinyMCE, a classic web-based text editor. If you want to have fine-grained control over formatting, you need to move to a desktop publishing tool.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events