Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page scrolls to top when page mode changes

Mikael Skogstrom February 1, 2022

Confluence won't win a beauty contest when in page editing mode. But one really annoying quirk is that the page scrolls to the top whenever you switch page mode, from read-only, to update, to preview.

Can Atlassian please adjust this behaviour?

4 answers

0 votes
Tony Cabrera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2024

It's been a year now, and I am also having the same annoyance. I am constantly editing a document in confluence and it may be several pages long, as soon as I click the "Update" button, my changes post and it scrolls back to the top of the document. This is not very productive.

0 votes

BTW, where do I raise support tickets? I'm not the administrator of our server so I don't have the regular support entry, but many manufacturers ask users to post requirements anyway.

0 votes

That is also something to wish for Pramodh, cause I guess you are talking about the Pen-icon.
My use case is another one hower. You may repeat it this way:

1. While in read-only mode, scroll down through the page.

2. Click on the Pen icon to enter editing mode. The page is now scrolled to the top by Confluence, cause it doesn't keep track of the page position.

3. Move down to the part you wish to edit.

4. Change it and press Update. The page is once again scrolled to the top by Confluence. You will have to scroll down to the part of interest again to review the change.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

Hi @Mikael Skogstrom 

Yeah!!

It will be good if it sticks to the top navigation bar when scrolling whereas when editing it should be at the top

Please raise the Atlassian Support Ticket

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events