PDF need child pages in one page

VJ November 28, 2019

Hi All,

This is about Confluence Server.

When I render PDF, the child pages are also rendered separately. Is it possible to render the pages continuously?

For example: This is my structure -

1. Introduction

1.1 Document scope

1.2 Document purpose

Rather than having separate pages in PDF for document scope and document purpose, how can I have all the child pages together? I tried include page but it doesn't work.

Thanks

2 comments

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hi @VJ ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I'm not sure if I completely understand the problem here. Are you saying you want to remove page breaks in the exported PDF between the individual pages?

Have you tried using our Scroll PDF Exporter for creating your PDFs? Not only lets this app allow you to easily create custom templates and control page-breaks using a graphical template designer (no CSS or HTML skills needed), but you can also define the export scope by the click of a button and can export single pages, or a whole subtree (or space).

Maybe this would be a good alternative to try out?

Best,
Nils

Like VJ likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

This page tells you how to customize the PDF export. Specifically toward the middle of the page there is a section to talk about controlling page breaks. The section below is from the page I linked to ...

Page breaks

By default, each Confluence page will start on a new page in the PDF.  If you don't want each Confluence page to start on a new page, you can override the default page breaks using the following CSS:

.pagetitle {
    page-break-before: auto;
}
Like VJ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events