PDF Scroll Exporter: Help to push a request

Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hi, maybe some of you use the PDF Scroll Exporter Plugin and maybe you also use Draw.io. 

If you do, you noticed that your prints look damn small. The diagramms are resized, that they fit on one page.

There is an open bug report in the jira of the developers, but it needs more attention.

So, if you have a second, it would be nice to push it up a little bit.

https://k15t.jira.com/browse/EXP-2171?jql=text%20~%20%22draw.io%22

Thanks and have a nice day.

1 comment

Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi Lars, 

Thanks for raising awareness to this issue. I can fully understand how this issue can have an impact on your exports. I will make sure that this matter is discussed with our developers at our next planning meeting – this will likely take place in a couple of weeks. 

You have mentioned in your post that your images are appearing small in the export - was this correct? Or were your draw.io images being cut off in the export, as described in EXP-2171?

At the moment, I cannot provide a specific ETA to you in relation to when this issue will be looked at. I can see that you have commented on the Jira ticket already and in the meantime, I would recommend continuing to watch this issue. You will then be notified of any updates. 

I will also feedback to you (via this thread) with further information following the next development planning meeting. 

Kind regards, 

Thomas (K15t Software)

Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your answer.

You are right, the draw.io diagram is cut off, like the issue said.

Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2018

Hi Lars, 

I have an update for you in regards to this issue. I spoke to our developers today, during a planning meeting for an upcoming Scroll PDF Exporter release, and can confirm that this issue will be included in our next sprint.

This means we will be able to look into resolving this export behaviour. The issue, itself, relates to the way in which the HTML structure for the images, works with the PDF library that we use for exporting. Therefore, we will be required to implement an approach for Scroll PDF Exporter that better identifies these types of images when exporting.  

To keep up to date, please continue to watch the Jira ticket and we will send notifications for every status change. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Thomas  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events