Notifications randomly not generating from mentions.

Jake Hewitt November 18, 2021

Hi All,

We have some examples were users are being mentioned in comments on pages but they are not getting notifications appear in the notifications window at the top right.

Where as with other areas they get notifications where they are mentioned. One example, they person who created the page, got mentioned in it, but didnt get a notification of it.

Look forward to hearing from you all with suggestions.

3 answers

1 vote
Martin Flury November 18, 2022

Hi Nicolai

After a digging a bit deeper, I think I found it on https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/mentions-251725350.html 
Mention notifications - A notification is sent to a person the first time you mention them in the content of a page, but not for subsequent mentions. If you need to catch someone's attention, and you've already mentioned them on the page, try mentioning them in a comment. A notification is sent every time you mention someone in a page comment or inline comment, not just the first time

I think if we need subsequent notifications, we have to go for the page comments or inline comments.
That will serve our need.

1 vote
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Jake Hewitt ,

welcome to the community.

We have to clarify the issue a bit:

• Do the users that are mentioned have access to the pages they are mentioned on? Did you check space permissions and page restrictions?
  • Do we talk about the first mention? Only the first mention on a page triggers a notification if the mention is within the page content. Additionally, you don't get a notification when you mention yourself.
  • Are there email notifications even when the notification center is empty?

If the answer to all three questions is Yes, I'd probably raise a support ticket.

Kind regards,

Nicolai

0 votes
Martin Flury November 18, 2022

Hi Nicolai
We do face a similar problem as Jake.
Users do have access to a page and can edit the page, but they get only notified per mail with the watcher function, if they get mentioned with @, they do not get any mail notification.

A bit more in detail: "Do we talk about the first mention? Only the first mention on a page triggers a notification if the mention is within the page content." 

Is there a time connected with this behaviour? Mean if I get notified with @ on page today and I do get a mail, I won't get a further mails from additional @ on the same page at all, or would I get notified again via mail after somer time / days?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events