New user created and cant login

Dani Coffey March 6, 2018

Users I have added cannot login to Confluence. Can I get some help fixing this issue?

I have

• Created a Confluence space
  • Clicked on 'Cog' / Confluence Administration > User Management > Users & Security > Users > Add Users
  • Entered all user details (name, email, password)
  • User is then listed in List Users
  • Click on user and have added them to the Groups associated with the Space
  • Confluence Administration > User Management > Users & Security > Space Permissions

Confluence1.PNG

1 comment

RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Did you check to make sure that the groups that the user belongs to is listed under the Confluence Administration > Users & Security > Global Permissions and listed with the can use permission?

Space permissions shouldn't prevent logging into the system. What error does the user receive when they try to log in?

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Does user have the primary groups added to it ? confluence-users ?

Yes those Groups have been added. This is the error that's displayedConfluence2.PNG

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

In JIRA - I normally go to the user management and RESET CAPTCHA - helps me solve the problem like this. Not sure if it is the same problem.

Have you checked the log while you enter the credentials ?

Yes - The log says the user has never logged in "LoginCurrent Failed Login Count: 0"

But I see what the issue is now - The username is not the email address!!!!

So i am DUMB, thanks everyone for helping!

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

Email Address is the username if you log into Atlassian Accounts :p - happy exploring.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events