New Confluence Editor Issues

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

I have been trying to work within the new Confluence Editor for some time now and I find it to be more difficult to use than the old version.

I think it is meant to be the Confluence equivalent to the Next Gen projects in Jira. It's supposedly easier to use but I don't see it that way. Mind you they seem to have tried to make things easier like bringing in a Word document but when it converts the formatting and there is no way to fix it, what good is that?

And don't try to sell me on the cable service model. I'm not buying all the extra subscription channels that are out there either. And no, I don't have the expertise or time to learn how to make my own workaround.

If I am all wrong about this then someone please correct me.

1 comment

Manuel Valls January 14, 2021

Working with tables is almost imposible!! Why?? :´( 

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

@Manuel Vallsyes, tables are a bit fidgety as well. I have noticed at least in one instance where I believe an Atlassian employee has used a different on-line editor to create his content (I think he used the new Dropbox Paper tool) which I was going to try and do.

I realize that I'm going against my comment about add-ons but if there is one tool out there then there are others. I just wish they would have put more effort into the final product.

Eric Kampf January 26, 2021

There is a really frustrating regression with indentation.  List, tables and several other items can no longer be indented.  This results in either (a) living with a document that looks horrible, or (b) spending all sorts of extra time implementing complex work-arounds.  I struggle with this daily.

The regression is a few years old.  Someone entered a bug report on it, but it was ignored.  It's a shame to see such a blatant usability issue go unfixed.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events