Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Tables within Expands, and Expand Macros within Table Cells

Elliot Campbell April 11, 2023

It'd be useful for page organization to be able to to nest multiple levels of tables and Expand Macros within eachother.

i.e. Expand > Table > Expand within a Cell of that table.

This would allow to collapse and expand multiple levels of information which all rollup into a larger expand.

At the very least it would be useful to nest a numbered /bulleted list within an Expand in a Table.

4 answers

5 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Elliot Campbell,

The new Cloud editor doesn’t allow such nesting. So, you may browse the Atlassian Marketplace and search for apps that will enhance your experience with big tables and loads of data.

For example, our company develops the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app. You may use its Table Filter macro to freeze first N rows/columns, set pagination and hide specific columns. Thus, your big tables will be easier to read.

Or you may switch from native Confluence tables to Excel-like tables and use the Table Spreadsheet macro. This solution also looks rather neat and provides many additional opportunities.

3 votes
Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Elliot Campbell !

Welcome to the Community!

Your need is interesting. For what use cases would you need information to be collapsed apart from bulleted lists? 

Is the intention to avoid information cluttering? 

Best regards, 

2 votes
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

Hello @Elliot Campbell  and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I agree with you, there are some benefits to certain combinations, but it could also be a dangerous path if the users rely heavily on these combinations and end up creating pages that take 20s each to load due to the different macro combinations 🤔

There are some issues where we can show our interest in these features. Are you already voting on them? Out of the back of my head, I can immediately point to this one, but there are more around :)

Best regards,
Rodrigo

1 vote
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

Ah! Sorry Juliette, I wrote on the wrong input field. Can I erase the comments? Anyway, editing to keep things clean.

LG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events