Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help editing our company intranet page

Candace Garton-Mullen May 28, 2020

Hello!

I am trying to solve for an issue on my company intranet page which I think is a Confluence page?  First of all, I have no way to know what product I'm using - although I know it's through Atlassian and I'm pretty sure it's not Jira.  I'm just trying to edit the page so that when in "edit" mode, the table of contents will link to the content.

As the page is now, the table of contents links to content when the page is published, but when in edit mode, team member has to scroll through an excessive amount of content to get to the space to enter their edits.  

I hope this makes sense. 

Thank you!

5 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

Unfortunately, the TOC macro does not work in edit mode.

0 votes
Candace Garton-Mullen May 29, 2020

Hi Davin.  Thanks for your response.  We have gone over all of those options and are looking for something a bit quicker.

We are not trying to edit a section.  We are trying to have the TOC jump to a section in while using the editing tool.

0 votes
Candace Garton-Mullen May 29, 2020

"Can you please confirm if you want to click on one of the links and it should go to the respective section in the "Edit" mode ?"

I am confirming that is exactly what I am trying to do.  Thank you.. There is a table of contents at the top of the page that links to respective sections on the page, however in "edit" mode, the TOC disappears and the user is forced to scroll or use Cntrl+F to get to their section.  There are a couple hundred people, so this its very frustrating for them.  Just trying to find a workaround.  

There is absolutely nothing at the bottom of the page... its blank - in the top left corner there are little dots ... Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 1.11.36 PM.png

and they say switch to Jira or Confluence... so it must not be confluence.  The address bar says https://confluentinc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CONFLUENT/pages/1088357708/Customer+Solutions+Group+-+0-0x-2020. if that helps...

Thanks for your assistance.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

There are a couple of ways to tackle this. If the page is REALLY long you might want to consider splitting it into multiple pages anyway. People don't tend to read really long pages very well. So, splitting it would be one option.

Another option would be to use ctrl+f (find/search) to find the spot in the document that you want to edit without having to scroll.

Those are the off-the-shelf options. There is an app in the marketplace that allows for section editing, but that would add cost.

0 votes
Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2020

Hi @Candace Garton-Mullen 

The menu will also say the name of the product. Also, if you scroll down to the footer of the page, then you will see something like this