Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile App - unable to edit macros and other missing features

Marios Patrinos August 11, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I’m a recent adopter of Confluence and am still climbing the steep learning curve.

For the most part the journey is positive, and finding the community has enhanced that feeling.

One area I’ve not yet managed to find much information on is the distinct lack of functionality in the mobile apps and when accessing the system from a tablet browser.

For example, it’s not possible to enter into macros when in edit mode to update or configure a macro.

The phone apps are great for quick comments, checking status and work well for that use case. However, they do not offer enough capability when being used on a tablet such as an iPad Pro.

Whilst I understand that a balance needs to be struck between features and other constraints for mobile phone applications, the same is not necessarily true of tablet apps and, in particular, the browser driven experience should be consistent. Isn’t this the beauty of a cloud solution?

I raised this as a discussion point as I wonder what other users’ views are in this area.

Do Windows Surface or Android tablet users also have issues?

For example the never-ending saga of, forcing the desktop version, ignoring the messages about Apps being installed and being disappointed that you can’t quickly do some minor changes when you’re sat waiting on transport or dinner!

As a newbie and despite a number of searches, I”be not seen anything about this (the sum total of information being so vast as well).

Do Atlassian have plans to simplify, standardise and enhance the tablet experience?

How do I find out...

Thanks in advance...

1 answer

0 votes
Sattesh M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Hello Marios,

Welcome to the Confluence community! 
We're glad to have you on board. :) 

I understand you raised this as a discussion to see other users' views on this issue, and if I may add a little, I'd like to share with you our main issue and feature tracking system for all Atlassian products.

The link below is a permalink for Confluence Server and Cloud issue, but you can change the filter for other products as well, if needed.

For mobile specific issues and feature request, you can look into the link below, which is the same link above, but filtered for Components involving Mobile issues and suggestions.

Atlassian will always be looking out to give the best to our customers, and improving the Confluence user experience on mobile environments is one way we can do that.

I can't give exact timelines, or confirmation if a new feature will be added or not, but tickets like the one below help move us in that direction.

As more votes are added for these tickets, the product team will review them, and see if we can add it into the pipeline.

This is going to sound cheesy, but we do value your opinions and suggestions, and if you find any tickets in the links above, that you would like to see implemented, do vote, watch, and leave a comment, for the developers and product team to review.

If you cannot find a ticket you want, for a feature or any issues you might have, reach out to our support team here, and they'll be more than happy to help raise a new issue or suggestion ticket for that. :)

The mobile app is limited at the moment, and the workaround of switching to Desktop view just to add or edit macros is tedious, but with input from you and everyone else from the community, we hope to make it better.

Do let me know if you have any questions, Marios.

Cheers,
Sattesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events