Metadata is not exported when "Export only the last published versions of the pages" is enabled

Ben November 15, 2021

I use the following apps:

• Comala Document Management

• Scroll PDF Exporter

• Process Management Suite for Confluence & Metadata for Confluence

1. I set Metada on a Confluence page using the App "Metadata for Confluence" that comes together with the "Process Management Suite for Confluence"
2. I use the Macro "Display Metadata" (comes with "Metadata for Confluence") to display the Metadata I set.
3. I set a workflow for this page using "Comala Document Management"
4. I set a Scroll Export Template using "Metadatafield" (comes with "Metadata for Confluence") to display the Metadata in the exported PDF.
4. I export the page using "Scroll PDF Exporter"

As long as I do NOT enable the option "Export only the last published versions of the pages" everything is displayed corretly.

PROBLEM:
When I enable the option "Export only the last published versions of the pages" AND the confluence page has an approved version and a version in progress (two states), the Metadata is NOT shown on the exported PDF.

3 comments

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2021

Hello Ben, 

This sounds like quite a complex use case you have. I think it would be better if you could create a ticket with us at https://support.comalatech.com 

It would be helpful if you could include your workflow markup (https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Markup+editor+in+workflow+builder) as a txt file attachment. 

I'll let our Customer Success team know to expect your ticket.

All the best

James

Like Ben likes this
Ben November 15, 2021

Thanks for your answer, James. 

Not sure whether or not this problem is caused by Comala or Scroll (maybe even by "Metadata for Confluence"). However, I created a ticket at comalatech.

Kind regards,

Ben

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2021

Hello @Ben,

thank you for your question.

It seems this is a known incompatibility between our Metadata for Confluence, Comala Document Management, and Scoll PDF Exporter.

However, we have already received this as a feature request and agree that it is a great improvement for our app. I have voted for it on your behalf over here:
https://jira.communardo.de/browse/METADATA-509
(If you experience any problems accessing that ticket, please log out of Service Desk or open the ticket in a private browser window.)

We take these requests very seriously. The comments they receive (like the one I just created) help us to gauge public interest and assist us in allocating resources for future development.

Thank you for using our app.

If you have further questions or support requests you can also contact our support directly.

Kind regards,

Franz
Communardo Support

Like # people like this
Ben November 17, 2021

Thanks for your answer, Franz! Is this something you will fix in the near future? There's also another ticket that seems to describe this problem: https://jira.communardo.de/browse/METADATA-637 

Kind regards,

Jens

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2021

Hello @Ben ,

thank you for your reply and for pointing out the issue METADATA-637. It is most likely also connected.

As we are focusing on other topics in the the next months with a higher priority this issue is not on our short term roadmap for now.

To stay informed about new releases including changes like bug fixes and new features, we recommend adding yourself as a watcher for Metadata for Confluence Data Center/Server in the Atlassian Marketplace. This way you will be notified automatically when a new version is released.

To add yourself as a watcher, please visit the app's page in the Atlassian Marketplace.
Click the link "Watch app" on the right under "Resources".

If you have further questions or support requests you can also contact our support directly.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Franz
Communardo Support

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events