Meeting Notes situation in Confluence

Thomas Wynne August 2, 2018

I'm all for changes, updates and new features but why does Atlassian think it's okay to release code which makes a solid feature practically unusable in production?  I use the meeting notes feature every day and when I come back from vacation my customized template looks terrible because the switch to a 'fixed width' instead of using the entire screen (terrible design decision btw).

On top of that, I can't edit my template to help fix the visual issues because they removed the editor for the meeting notes template (didn't figure this out until after I reset the template thinking I could recreate it). 

And now I'm stuck with the default meeting note template that doesn't fit my business needs at all.  I don't mind updates and changes, but you can't put things into production unless they are ready.. which means at the very least we should be able to edit a template so that we can customize it for our needs.

Very frustrated with your mind set and thinking this is something that is okay to do.  

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2018

Just chiming in that an Atlassian product manager has a discussion thread going about meeting notes posted earlier this week. I'm forwarding your feedback to him but just letting you know he's actively monitoring that other thread.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the new cloud editing experience. I like the new table editor, but the fixed width centered view is not terribly attractive in my opinion. I'm also bummed to not see justification or page sections.

However, it looks like this is just applied to the default meeting notes template. You could create your own template based on the default one and you should get the old editor back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events