Mark information as less important, with a button on top of the page that shows less important info

C Fenijn November 11, 2021

In Confluence, it would be nice to be able to select part of the content of a page, and mark it as less important. The standard rendering of the page would not show it. A button on top of the page that says "Show all data of this article" or something similar would show it.

I start this discussion rather than a feature request, as perhaps it is functionality that is already there. 

1 comment

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Hi @C Fenijn and welcome to our community!

welcome3.jpeg

Have you considered the Expand macro functionality?

Like C Fenijn likes this

Hi Grigory,

Thanks for your reply.

I use the expand functionality a lot indeed, and it is very useful.

What I describe is global to a document, with one button which toggles showing or hiding content that is marked as less important. Is that possible with this expand macro?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Oh, I see.

No the expand is more granular, of course, so it is not possible.

I am sure the desired behaviour can be implemented in a custom macro but I am not aware of any existing ones.

Take care, @C Fenijn !

Like C Fenijn likes this

Thanks again, Grigory,

If I will ever open a feature request for this, I shall reformulate it based on your feedback, so that is useful.

Cheers,

Carel.

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events