It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Managing documentation within a space

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

I'm setting up Confluence as my company's product and team knowledge base. I have spaces setup that contain general information about our product offering. Changes to these knowledge bases are managed by the documentation team and are requested in two ways:

1. Inline Jira issue creation
  2. A link to a Jira project where a user can request additional documentation. The main reasons for this are to bypass the restrictions of the inline Jira issue creation where a user can only enter a title and description and to provide a request process for general requests that don't fit neatly into a space.

I then have another set of spaces that are team knowledge areas, like sales/marketing, design, etc. Rather than have our documentation team manage those spaces as well, I would like to setup a different workflow for the teams to manage their own team space documentation. What has been an effective method for managing creating and amending documentation within a team space? Solutions I've considered:

1. Give every team member full access to the his/her team space such that he/she can add and alter documentation at will. The tradeoff is that this bypasses quality assurance.
  2. Assign a team space moderator where each team member has to submit requests to him/her in some manner - whether that be via email, slack or through a separate Jira project. The tradeoffs include extra steps for adding documentation and it means creating a Jira project for each team. We gain quality assurance but tradeoff friction.

Thank you,

Justin

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

What's New in Confluence Cloud – June 2020 Edition

Ready for the monthly rollup of what happened in May for Confluence Cloud? Improved mobile login experience (& SSO) For those of you with the Confluence mobile app, we know the login experien...

25,949 views 40 82
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you