Load on Confluence

Navadeep November 22, 2017

Hi Atlassians,

I have a question please. 

How can we find the load on the COnfluence application ? 

Is there any plugin available for that to provide the statistics ? 

For ex. for the last 3 months I want to find out the load on the Confluence.

For ex: Normally in Oracle we could generate AWR(Automatic Workload Repository), ADDM(Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring). Are there any similar tools available or process available in Confluence ? 

Appreciate your quick help.

Best Regards,

Nav

2 comments

Christo Mastoroudes [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017
Navadeep November 29, 2017

Thanks Christos for providing the update. 

Best Regards,

Nav

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi Navadeep,

I am not sure how to define load for an application, it's a term I associate more with an operating system or hardware resources.

Please let us know more. Are you looking to find out how many people log in daily and how much content they are creating? These are the kinds of activities that would create a load on the system, for example, people logging in takes up bandwidth and creating content takes up disk and database resources.

I look forward to better understanding your use case.

Thanks,

Ann

Navadeep November 29, 2017

Hi Ann,

Apologies for delayed response, as I was in to Confluence migration and upgrade activities.

I am happy to give you more information on what we are looking for.

From the Confluence UI, we will be able to see "All updates" tab as shown below. 

This shows all the recent updates made by users.

From the screenshot I could see that 4-5 changes or 4-5 pages are created some time back.

So, there could be many updates or edits or deletes that could have happened all day. How can we find how much data is being added today ? , how much data is being added from October 1st to October 10th ?

And how many transactions are being made on a daily basis ? I mean today 4-5 spaces were created , 100 pages are added

Similarly how can we find out all the updates that are being made by users whole day or from specific time(for ex. 1st November 2017) to specific time(10th November 2017) ?

The main reason behind asking this question is, we are planning for a Confluence Upgrade from version 5 to version 6. In case if we do not keep the application in R/O mode and continue with the upgrade in 24 hours, we would like to know the load on the old instance(i.e., version 5) and find out the changes that are made during that 24 hours. In case if we are able to find out all the changes that are being made past 24 hours, I could download that content(from v5.6.4) and upload it to version  6

Thanks again for your support !!

Best Regards,

Nav

load.JPG

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

It would be truly a daunting task to note all the changes made in 24 hours then try to export>import the specific content. 

If your instance is not too big you could consider exporting the old instance to XML and then importing it to the new instance. 

To avoid data loss, the best strategy is to use read-only mode for that 24 hour window, so you aren't scrambling to add the changes to the upgraded instance.

Space by space exports are less destructive than whole site imports, so you may consider choosing a couple of commonly used spaces to allow edits on during the upgrade, then export>import just those spaces.

Please see:

Restoring a Space

Restoring a Site

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events