It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Links in the "new editing experience" are a major step back Edited

Below are two screenshots. In the example, I wanted to link to a space directly which happens to have the same name as a page.  

First, the old editor and linking. It was easy, I typed [ and got a useful dialog.  even if there was ambiguity, I could hover over the link and see the URL in my browser status bar.

2019-07-30 09_50_44-Edit - Available Streams - Confluence.png

Second, the new experience.  I don't even know what to say.  On top of what you see below, I cannot hover and see the URL in the status bar.  I mean, just, wtf?

2019-07-30 09_51_00-Edit - Documentation - Information Technology - Confluence.png\

And why did we change the shortcut?  So now the system is fragmented. I can still type // to get a date or @ to tag someone, but now I have to use CTRL+K to link?

In summary, old: good, new: bad.

2 comments

The new editing experience is so broken that it's a good reason to try to find a new wiki provider.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

113 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you