Jira Confluence and Document Retention Systems

Hi Jira Community,

• Is Jira Confluence the best product for document management?
  • How exactly does archiving work, is there a limit to space?
  • Are other biotech companies using this system, or other systems, and how is it working for you?

Thanks!

2 comments

Lindsey,

You are mixing up things. JIRA and Confluence are two separate products!

1. JIRA is an issue tracker, not really fitting a "document management" purpose.
  2. Confluence helps teams to collaborate on rich content and can be used to manage documentation. 

If you look for retention and archiving, there is an add-on dedicated to that: Archiving Plugin. See the add-on documentation or the YouTube quick intro video to learn more.

I'm not sure, if Confluence should be seen as a document archiving / management system. If you understand documents as files (Word, Excel, PDF,...) one can store these files as attachments in a Confluence page. There will be versioning but eg. searching for a content in a specific version (non recent version) of an attached file is difficult, if not impossible without an addon.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

583 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you