Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a windows client for Confluence?

I just lost 1,5 hours of work on a project timeline in confluence (webpage lost connection and then the whole browser crashed).

Is there a windows client for confluence?

I hope that a dedicated client software would save everything at least locally so that nothing is lost even when the internet connection gets lost. In such a case a later sync would restore all the work.

I searched the whole atlassian webpage but I did not find any client software. Even the mobile app (which is very limited) is not mentioned.

4 comments

Like Jason H likes this

Yes, the draft is empty. The "project timeline generator" (kind of a plugin?) didn't transmit and save any data during the edit process. And then everything crashed and was lost.

Is there a client?

Like # people like this
DPK J Community Leader Feb 02, 2020

@Johannes Sperling  Welcome to the community!

The simplest answer to your question is there is not Windows client for Confluence.

Thanks, although it is disappointing.

Hello,

I am posting on this old thread to see if there has been any change in the last 1.5 years and that we have any Desktop client for windows to access our confluence pages.

Thanks

Puneet

Like # people like this

Also checking if there's a Desktop client yet.  I'm tired of having to run everything in a slow web browser I don't like!

Like Stephen Dunham likes this

Yes, I am having the same problem with getting a browser message saying "we lost connection".  Even trying to do simple edits is becoming time consuming and frustrating.  I might just have to go back to OneNote or Google Docs or something else if Atlassian cannot provide what I need to be effective and efficient.

James Dellow Community Leader Mar 08, 2022

That sounds like the real-time editor component is having problems. Are you using Confluence Cloud?

Try this test to see it's an issue with your Websocket connection:

https://websocketstest.com/

A windows client won't help if this isn't working.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

763 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you