Is there a windows client for Confluence?

Johannes Sperling February 2, 2020

I just lost 1,5 hours of work on a project timeline in confluence (webpage lost connection and then the whole browser crashed).

Is there a windows client for confluence?

I hope that a dedicated client software would save everything at least locally so that nothing is lost even when the internet connection gets lost. In such a case a later sync would restore all the work.

I searched the whole atlassian webpage but I did not find any client software. Even the mobile app (which is very limited) is not mentioned.

5 comments

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2020
Like Jason H likes this
Johannes Sperling February 2, 2020

Yes, the draft is empty. The "project timeline generator" (kind of a plugin?) didn't transmit and save any data during the edit process. And then everything crashed and was lost.

Is there a client?

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2020

@Johannes Sperling  Welcome to the community!

The simplest answer to your question is there is not Windows client for Confluence.

Johannes Sperling February 3, 2020

Thanks, although it is disappointing.

Puneet Garg August 21, 2021

Hello,

I am posting on this old thread to see if there has been any change in the last 1.5 years and that we have any Desktop client for windows to access our confluence pages.

Thanks

Puneet

Like # people like this
Matt Arnold February 24, 2022

Also checking if there's a Desktop client yet.  I'm tired of having to run everything in a slow web browser I don't like!

Like # people like this
Stephen Dunham March 7, 2022

Yes, I am having the same problem with getting a browser message saying "we lost connection".  Even trying to do simple edits is becoming time consuming and frustrating.  I might just have to go back to OneNote or Google Docs or something else if Atlassian cannot provide what I need to be effective and efficient.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

That sounds like the real-time editor component is having problems. Are you using Confluence Cloud?

Try this test to see it's an issue with your Websocket connection:

https://websocketstest.com/

A windows client won't help if this isn't working.

slennon3 February 16, 2023

A client side app would help if it implemented client side caching and sync capability so content is held locally until a confirmation of write to cloud has been confirmed. Also detection of lost connectivity so local cache can still manage updates until connection restored (so work is not lost).

Matthiew Marks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2024

It's 2024 and Confluence still doesn't have a Windows app.

This is driving me nuts today, as I am experiencing some sort of networking issue with Atlassian's servers. A local cache would solve so many of Confluence's problems.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events