Is there a macro that can allow users to insert a file without being in the edit function?

Matt McCorkle June 19, 2019

I am looking for a macro to be put within a UI Expand Macro that allows users to directly add a file without having to go through the edit function, add files and images, browse for the file, and then upload it. The goal behind this is to allow users to go into a space I've created and populate the page with all the files and data in the easiest fashion possible. Without a macro that can allow users to easily populate the page with their data, my work creating the space will be utterly useless. Would love some feedback as soon as possible. Thanks everyone!

1 comment

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2019

The attachments macro lets you drag & drop files directly to the page.

2019-06-19 11_16_00-Attachments - Chalk Test for Upgrade - CHALK.png

Here's the Atlassian how-to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/attachments-macro-97911315.html

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2019

You can always upload to a page by simply dragging and dropping without being in edit mode or having an attachments macro on the page if you have edit access to the page.

But to add onto what @Heth Siemer  has suggested you could put the attachment macro inside your expand macro and it will show all you attachments. If you wanted it to only show a subset ... say for instance you have multiple expand sections ... you could put attachment macros inside each expand and then limit the attachment macros by label. You could then upload the attachment, apply a label, and then it would show up in the correct expand macro. Unfortunately, a label-filtered attachments macro will not apply the labels when you drag and drop a file onto it. There is a feature request to have it do that, but as of yet it doesn't do that. So, you would have to do the labeling manually right now.

Like Heth Siemer likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events