Integrating confluence DC on AWS with AD

Syed Ehteshamuddin February 7, 2018

Can anyone let me know if there is an AD connector for Confluence AWS? 

1 comment

Syed Ehteshamuddin February 8, 2018

@AnnWorley Can you please help me to know if Atlassian has any connector? we are planning to move confluence to AWS but we don't have an AD in AWS which can be used. So this might be a stopping point for us, do you know what we can do in this case?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018

If Confluence has network connectivity to an AD instance then Confluence can use that directory for user management. Confluence just needs an AD server and port to connect to for the user directory setup:

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.08.27 AM.png

@AnnWorley No, we don't have a network connection to AD instance and we are not going to get approvals for getting one. is there any alternative?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018

Could you install an AD server in AWS? Servers in AWS can have network connectivity between them. 

@AnnWorley No, AD team doesn't have a plan yet to do that. It might be in future but currently no option of installing AD server in AWS.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2018

I guess I don't understand how we can use LDAP if they won't open the network to let you connect to the existing LDAP and they won't install AD in AWS. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events