Infrastructure installation

hiba zubair August 18, 2017

I have installed jira server version 7.4.1, have confluence and zephyr as well ,

having trail version for 10 people... would purchase the license too soon.

I want to ask how does the infrastructure work? mean as a QA i have to install this to test and generate reports for developers to see so i have it on my machine. So developers and other involved people also need to install it on their systems to see progress and reports etc??? or they are only notified by emails no need to installation on their systems plz explain.

and

If developers and others need to install on their  systems then can i use the same jira confluence server trail license and they use the username and password to setup and login with which i have added them on my server system? plz explain the installtion infrastructure.

Would be thankful.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2017

Atlassian systems are mostly server systems.  JIRA and Confluence both fall into that class - you install them on a server, run them as a service and connect to them with clients (generally a browser, but there are other clients)

Imagine this forum software was Confluence - it's on a server, you connect to it with a client. (In fact, it's previous version was Confluence)

hiba zubair August 19, 2017

ok actually i have to implement all this practically.

So, is it possible that i can add users to jira server offline? i have a server version (10 people) on my machine,want other people also access it on their systems without internet and locally. how can i do this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2017

I don't understand your use of the word "offline" here, so I cannot answer that question.

I do understand that you have installed a JIRA system on your machine.

Your machine is now a "server" running a JIRA service.  Other people will need to connect to it over a network, with a client program (browser), to use that service.

Sir offline means without internet here what is "client program (browser)" ?

right from a browser but how? steps plz

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2017

Ok, so you don't have the internet for the server.  That's no problem, a lot of us use Atlassian software behind firewalls that stop internet access.

A client program is what you use to access a service.  A browser is a client.

As for "how", it's the same as what you're doing with this forum software.  Browse to it.

hiba zubair August 21, 2017

thanks for responding sir.

Can we notify users about test cases/tests or any type of notifications in jira without internet? I have seen at many places that mean i want all jira communication with LAN and offline.Plz guide.

Regards 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2017

You will need your JIRA to have access to a mail server, and that mail server will need access to the relevant networks to deliver the email.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events