In using many panels on a single page is their a way to have an auto sort on the panel title?

Ryan Ballas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2021

I'm listing out an excel by server into a single page that shows some data..  I have over 30 servers so each server is labeled under its own panel with title.  How do you auto sort Panels?   

2 answers

1 vote
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Ryan Ballas 
I hope you are safe and well.

Confluence doesn't have such a feature out-of-the-box.
However, Confluence gives us many ways to customize appearance on pages.

If your Confluence administrator enabled the HTML macro, you may be able to implement something on JavaScript to sort the Panel macros in your page.

Let's say you have your content organized in page sections and the panel macros are all in the same section, similar to the image below.

test-page.png

Then you can add an HTML macro with the following code.

<button id="sortPanelButton">Sort panels</button>
<script type="text/javascript">
$('#sortPanelButton').on('click', function () {
AJS.$('div.panel.conf-macro.output-block').sort(function(a, b) {
if (a.childNodes[0].textContent < b.childNodes[0].textContent) {
return -1;
} else {
return 1;
}
}).appendTo($('#sortPanelButton').parent());
});
</script>

test-page-2.png

When viewing the page, the user has the option to click on a button that will sort all the panels in the page, which is applied just for the current view.
Note that the JavaScript code is built on the way that it expects the button and the panels to be on the same layout section.

While this doesn't sort the panels while you are editing, it will help on displaying the information.
Let us know if that helps on your goal.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

0 votes
Ryan Ballas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 11, 2021

@Thiago Masutti  Thanks for your comments.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events