If your site continues to remain inactive, it will be deactivated

Roman June 1, 2022

Hello!
Yesterday I received an email from no-reply@am.atlassian.com saying that since I am not using Confluence they will delete my account, but the problem is that I am using Jira on a regular basis.
What can I do in this matter?

4 comments

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Roman ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Cloud Free sites are deactivated after a period of inactivity. Activity simply means being on the product - example: viewing a Confluence page. The products are evaluated individually, so Confluence may be deactivated even though Jira on the same site is in use.

The timeline goes:

60 days of inactivity - email is sent to tech contact, billing contact, site admin with the subject “[Action Required] Jump back in to <product name> to keep your subscription”
90 days of inactivity - email is sent to tech contact, billing contact, site admin with the subject “[Action Required] Your <product name> subscription will be cancelled in 30 days”
113 days of inactivity - a tech alert email is sent the to tech contact, billing contact, site admin with the subject “[Action Required] Your <product name> subscription will be cancelled in one week”
122 days of inactivity - site is deactivated and the tech contact, billing contact, and admin get an email with the title “[Important Notice] Your <product name> subscription has been deactivated”
The site can be restored during this period
162 days of inactivity - the site is deleted
The site is not recoverable past this point

So, you might want to use the instance every here and then to keep it active else as per policy it will be terminated.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Roman June 1, 2022

Hi, @Srinatha T 
Thanks a lot. I got it!

Like Srinatha T likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

@Srinatha T 

Is that timeline available somewhere in a publicly available document?

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Roman ,

Just keep visiting the site every here and there and that should avoid deactivation. If feel that your question is answered then feel free to accept the answer. This way this thread will be marked closed and the community members can actually focus on open issue's. 

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Sam-Hiatt May 7, 2023

. . .

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2023
Like Mykhailo Vlasov likes this
Sam-Hiatt September 5, 2023

I've logged in and even edited pages and yet it still says mine will be deactivated

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2023

@Sam-Hiatt 

What is the exact message you received?

Are you logging in to the same site and product specified in the message?

Sam-Hiatt September 5, 2023

Wow, I was too fast on this email. I had a confluence expiration last time and logged in to try and reset it. The last email was for Jira. Sorry for the confusion here! Thanks for the KB too.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events