If I were a Confluence Product Manager...

Iain Lowe April 11, 2018

Here's a thought experiment: As a product manager using Confluence and JIRA, I often ask myself what I would do to improve the product(s) if I were an Atlassian PM.

For example, If I had control over the Atlassian roadmap for Confluence, I would seriously look at the cross-product tooling and make it better.

Here would be my top priority to make a customer like me happy: 

As a user, I want a way to configure a relationship between a JIRA project and a confluence space that allows for custom displays of JIRA ticket creation forms from within confluence so that I can save time and effort when creating tasks and tickets while I'm documenting in confluence. 

This includes: setting a default project for a space, easily displaying JIRA creation forms based on the project and a screen scheme, and having a 1-click template for a project summary based on the relationship between the space and JIRA.

What would your top Confluence feature request be?

1 comment

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Welcome Iain!

Since I primarily oversee the day to day functions of Service Desk, that deeper integration between Confluence and JSD sounds like a wonderful idea! 

I was just talking with a coworker today about how excited we are that Atlassian is going to be making more moves to integrate Stride with their other products (and how far Trello has come/will be going).

If memory serves me, you can associate a project to a space already. Space settings > Integration. The only bit that seems to be missing is the form situation. I wonder if there are some add ons that would incorporate that functionality?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would definitely love to see some additional enhancements around issue display in Confluence pages. The JIRA macro in confluence could be so much fancier.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events