I want to change my email and I am not admin

Manar Kamal July 21, 2020

I want to know how can I change my email address for my current account
or simply I want to know who's my account admin? if he/she can help in such thing

1 comment

Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2020

Hello @Manar Kamal .

If your Confluence instance is not using Active Directory for users database (LDAP/SSO), you can change the Email parameter in your Profile.

Click on your profile picture -> then Profile.

In Profile menu click Edit Profile in the top right corner and there you can change settings like Email, IM, Full Name, Phone etc.

If AD is used - all parameters for users usually are changed there.

Thank you

Like Manar Kamal likes this

Hello @Andrii Maliuta ,

First of all, Thanks alot for your support :)

Second, I only have another question if you could help , How could I know whether I'm using Active Directory for users database (LDAP/SSO) or not ??

Thank you.

Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2020

@Manar Kamal 

If you just successfully changed Email in your Profile and did not see "You cannot edit the Full Name or Email fields as you are not using Confluence to manage users"

image2017-2-17+12_2_58.png

then Confluence Internal Directory (not external one) is used and the data in your profile and other users can be changed using the Profile UI.

You can ask someone from your organization with admin rights to check how User Directories are configured in your Confluence.

Here is the link to Atlassian documentation on UD - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-user-directories-229838212.html

Hope this helps.

Like Manar Kamal likes this

@Andrii Maliuta  yes it helped alot :)

Thanks a million for your support.
Have a nice day :)

Like Andrii Maliuta likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events