I Don't Know If Confluence Is Right for Me

Scot Yonan September 21, 2022

Hi, 

I'm looking for a CMS that will allow me to:

1. Arrange content in a taxonomy

2. Associate content with different levels of that taxonomy

3. Allow me to export content to multiple platforms in multiple formats

4. Make global changes to content as needed

So for example, I want to be able to export content in a format needed by book publishers, exam engines, web pages, learning management systems, etc.

Does this software do that? 

Thank you for your help, I honestly appreciate it.

Scot

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Confluence is a wiki, its structure is built more freely than a fixed taxonomy, but it does have a load of stuff that does taxonomy-type things.

1. Your space and page tree structure is entirely free, it's not rigidly limited to a taxonomy. But it leans a lot on labels to group things together wherever they may be in the system
  2. As 1
  3. Yes, there's XML, JSON, Word, PDF and a pile of apps in the marketplace
  4. There's no "global change", it's more sophisticated - Confluence has ways of sharing content, so you don't need to make global changes, you make one change and everything that is looking at the content will display the new version when people look at it
0 votes
Patrick Haley September 26, 2022

Hey Scot,

Just a couple of tips on global content, we have an internal confluence as well as some Wordpress-hosted knowledge bases for users and an LMS. To avoid updating content in multiple locations we host all videos on Vimeo so we can upload a new version of it and have it changed everywhere. We also use Tango to tutorials which makes it easy to embed and update content across all platforms. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events